Monday 27 July 2015

Patchy Wool Cushions and That Thing Called Life.

Well, don't I feel like the naughty schoolgirl who hasn't been doing her homework!  It's been over three months since I posted anything on this poor old blog.  It's almost as bad as those dreams you have where you turn up to school and find out you have a key maths exam that day that you haven't studied for.  And to top it off you forgot to put your pants on before leaving home.

Needless to say, life has been busy and I've been busier.  Three weeks to go in my third pregnancy.  Half-way through house renovations (Kill me now.  What the heck was I thinking trying to grow a baby, manage a household with two toddlers, run a small business AND renovate an entire house??  I'll admit, all I heard my husband say was 'new kitchen'.  Hee hee.).  And then there's just been the usual lifey stuff on top of that.  You know, the stuff you can't possibly expect, that just turns up on your doorstep and expects you to take care of it..?  Well.

But in amongst all of this I have been plodding along, plying my wares on Instagram and Facebook and Etsy.  Just not this blog.  Something's gotta give, after all.  I may be Super-Mum and Super-Wife, but Super-Blogger I am not.  *sigh*  Please forgive me.  (I'm not really any of those, just to clarify.)

So, if you're still here and interested, allow me to show you what I've been working on of late.  Apparently it's winter here in Australia (my kids are currently walking around in shorts, so who's to say for sure), so I've enjoyed getting out my vintage wool blankets and having a play.  I recently cleaned out my sewing room (not that you can tell now!), and after sorting out all my scraps I started fiddling and cutting and stitching and ironing and stitching some more, and this is what I came up with.

 And I kinda went, "Wow. I really like it." So I kept cutting and stitching and it became a cushion top.



And then I just kept cutting and stitching and made another cushion top.  And another one.  And I think I may have started something I can't stop, but I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, unless I become some kind of weird Dr Seuss-like caricature that collects patchy cushions... But that's what husbands are for, right?  To prevent their wives from becoming weird Dr Seuss-like caricatures.  Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.








So here's one of the finished cushions - a bolster.  Which I worked out myself, no pattern or anything.  Not that that's anything to brag about particularly, it's just that I really like how it turned out.

 Even the wrong side looks cool.  I think I need to make a reversible version so that you can have it all rough and raggedy like this, or neat and tidy.  Depending on your mood.  Or the state of your lounge room.  Cushions should reflect your level of tidiness, after all.






So, before I head off again, I just want to mention I'm having a 25% OFF SALE on selected items in my Etsy store, The Wife-made Emporium.  It's only on the items that you can see in the 'Sale - Vintage' and 'Sale - Handmade' categories, so if anyone tries anything shifty, be sure I'll know!



And hopefully I'll be back here again soon, with some more pics of what I'm working on currently.  And possibly even some pics of lovely finished renovations, although probably before that I'll have photos of an even more exciting project I've been working on for the last 8 months and is currently sitting on my lap in the shape of a very large basketball...  No, it's not a crochet basketball cover, in case you were wondering.

P.S.  I go on maternity leave in three weeks.  It's basically a working holiday.  Minus the holiday.

1 Comments:

At 21 September 2015 at 07:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home