Friday 17 April 2015

Cushions | Tickled Pink Market

Last night I worked like a machine.  Honestly, I don't know what got into me, but the husband was out, the kids were in bed and I was on FIRE!  And four finished cushion covers are the result.

The cushion tops have been staring at me for a while now.  Pleading with me with their big, sad unfinished edges to "Puhlease!" be made into something useful.  But I had misplaced me 'sewjo' and was ignoring their unwelcome pleas.




But yesterday I found my sewjo again.  Surprise!  'Someone' had hidden it under that purple and chartreuse cushion top, so when I finally forced myself to look at the pile again I saw the edge of it peeking out.  Darn cheeky thing.  But I guess that'll learn me for leaving something unfinished for so long... (Probably not.)

I will at some point post a pattern for the purple and chartreuse cushion top.  I've been wanting to make one of these for a while (have seen them over in Pinterestland a fair bit).  I couldn't find any measurements on the net anywhere so I had to make my own up, which I'll happily share with you at some point.  I've called it my 'Mis-matched Matchsticks' Cushion.  So stay tuned for that!



I styled the cushion above around Heather Ross's Briar Rose range, which sadly I am starting to run out of. Not sure if I'll buy more of it... but I do love it so!  Very bright and cheery.  It also has a combination of modern and vintage fabrics - of course!

This next cushion was the result of me playing with bits and pieces.  I was originally going to make a traditional patchwork but then I started fiddling and decided to do a pinwheel.  The back is from the lovely Verna Mosquera Rosewater range.  Soft and pretty.





And then there's this one.  Modern vintage to a T.  A combination of vintage Sanderson upholstery fabric and a bright, modern pom-pom trim!


All waiting patiently to go to new homes :)

3 Comments:

At 20 April 2015 at 10:08 , Blogger Xanthe @ Wife-made said...

Thanks Jooles! Sewing is so rewarding hey!

 
At 6 July 2015 at 23:51 , Blogger MOMUSEWSILLY said...

Those pillows are gorgeous, love how you have mixed up all the fabrics, love following your blog have tried some of your recipes, so yummy thanks keep up the good work!

 
At 21 July 2015 at 08:27 , Blogger Xanthe @ Wife-made said...

Thank you so much! That's such a lovely and encouraging thing to say :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home