Wednesday 27 November 2013

The past few weeks...


…have been hectic, to say the least.  But, today I managed to finish the binding on this scrappy little patchwork trivet.  It is my first foray into foundation paper piecing, and I really enjoyed it.


I used the pattern in Ayumi Takahashi's book 'Patchwork, Please!'.  I've been busting to make something out of it since I bought it.  It was a fast and easy project and I was able to use up some of my little scraps.  Next on my list is the pincushion.

Now, part of the reason for my busy few weeks is that I have been making a flower girl dress for a dear friend who got married last Saturday.  It involved dupion silk, sequins and tulle - all materials that I don't have much experience with.  Which is why it took me a while.  I've got a few sneaky pics to give you a bit of an idea, but I really want to wait and show you the professional photos.




It was fun to do something a bit different and challenging.  Sewing with sequins is interesting (insert raised eyebrows here).  My house will be sparkly for a while to come I think… ;)



Hopefully I'll be back soon - Christmas is fast approaching and I have a gazillion things on my sewing to do list!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home