Tuesday 12 November 2013

Jam Drops {Healthy style}


If you're a health nut, then in all your getting, get this recipe.  If you're not a health nut, you still need to get this recipe.  These little bikkies are delicious.


I've tried enough healthy recipes to know that healthy does not automatically mean tasty.  In fact, in my experience it's been quite the opposite.

But these little babies make up for all those other bad recipes out there.



Yes, they are that good.  Firstly, because it is a super fast recipe to throw together (and you literally just throw it together).  And secondly, because they are T-A-S-T-Y tasty!  And the worst thing in them is the tiny drop of jam on top (I used jam without added sugar).  I think these may even be paleo-friendly…?


I did a few swapsies - just obvious ones, like spelt flour instead of barley flour (didn't have), rice malt syrup instead of the natural maple syrup Gwyneth recommends (didn't have and probably can't afford), and almond meal from a pack instead of whizzing up raw almonds (couldn't be bothered).

Oh the buttery (without butter in them), jammy goodness!  I had to force myself to stop at three.  In one sitting.  I'm definitely gonna eat more tonight.

Details
Recipe: Lalo's Famous Cookies
Source: Gwyneth Paltrow's "Notes from my kitchen table"
Yield: approximately 36 generously sized biscuits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home