Thursday 8 August 2013

In season


I love strawberry season.  There's nothing more delicious than biting into a juicy, sweet strawberry.  And they are such pretty looking plants too, with their sweet little flowers and dangling runners. 


So it was inevitable that I would fall in love with the inedible handmade kind after seeing them quite some time ago on some beautiful blogs that I follow (Pretty By Hand and Nana Company).  (Follow is possibly an understatement... try stalk, adore, envy... yep, that's probably more like it.  Those ladies are seriously talented.)


They used a pattern by Heather Bailey, which I immediately tried to buy, but it was going to cost more than the pattern to have it posted here, which put a spanner in the works because I'm on a budget, or perhaps I'm just a tightwad.  Whichever you prefer :)


And because I'm a bit lazy, or slack, or impatient, or possibly all three, I didn't have a go at making these without the pattern until just the other week.  And it was one of those moments when you wish you could kick your own backside, because they really are a cute, fun and easy project for those times when you just need to sew something cute and fun and easy, pronto!


I love the strawberries with the ribbons.  They make a cute little decoration for a door knob.  Or pinned onto a memo board.  Or anything else that needs a strawberry attached to it.  This one is my favourite.



But then this one is a bit cute too...


I definitely have to put a punnet of these in the Rosebud's room.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home