Sunday 26 August 2012

Good-bye cruel Winter...

Welcome to 'the wife made it.'  Glad you stopped by :)

Well, I don't know about you, but  I am oh-so looking forward to seeing Winter done and dusted for another year.  We've certainly had our fair share of Winter flus and ill health this year - although from what I hear, so has everyone else!

But, I have been SO motivated by the fact that Spring is only a few days away that I have started working on a Spring / Summer wardrobe for the Rosebud.

**Ummm, does anyone else find it hard to believe how quickly kids grow out of clothes??  When you only have one, without any older siblings to pass on their too-tight-ies, it feels like you are constantly buying new clothes.  I have to admit though, I do get a significant amount of enjoyment out of coordinating a hobbit-sized closet.**

Being able to sew is certainly a bonus when it comes to growing a wardrobe.  And there is so much inspiration out there I usually have more trouble staying focused on one project at a time than finding the next thing to make.  At the moment, this season's colour palette has got me head over heels for citrus, fluoros and bright and bold!

I saw these in Country Road the other day...



And, well, I bought them, of course!   I thought they looked very Summery and cool.  Just right for the Queensland Summer, but with the Rosebud's limited wardrobe I needed to make something to go with them.

And when I saw this on the MADE blog (one of my regular haunts, by the way), I came up with this...



I love the crisp white cotton drill as the backdrop for the lemon, orange and pink grapefruit colours.  Very refreshing, and perfect for a warm Summer's day when paired with a T-shirt and sandals.  Thinking about seeing the Rosebud in this someday soon makes me smile.  Whenever I dress her she always looks down at what I've put on her as if to assess and give her approval - hopefully she likes :)



Yeah, okay, those are my beads, and you're right, it is highly unlikely that Rose would actually keep them on long enough to even get her out the door, but hey, who's to say I can't pretend!  She's so little that it would be pretty funny seeing her toddle around with adult-sized beads on.

I think this little outfit will be just right for a weekend away at the beach...

X
:)



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home